Malocclusion is often thought of as terrible alignment in your smile that prevents optimum oral health. To set your path back on the road to success, misalignment and malocclusion must be corrected.
For a list of guidelines concerning malocclusions, consider this:
Types of incisor malocclusions:
– Underbites, also known as bulldog teeth, occur when the top and bottom incisors are not aligned properly with the bottom ones protruding out further.
– Misplaced midlines are malocclusions that occur when the direct center of the incisors fails to line up on both the top and bottom of your smile.
– Open bites occur when your top and bottom incisors do not meet or line up when you bite down.
– Overbites, also known as upper protrusions and buck teeth, occur when the top and bottom incisors are not aligned properly with the top ones protruding out further.
Other forms of malocclusion:
– Spacing malocclusions occur when there are irregular spaces and gaps between teeth.
– Transposition malocclusions occur when your teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong location.
– Rotation malocclusions occur when your teeth are jolted out of alignment.
To learn more about which orthodontic services you would prefer for treating your malocclusions, contact A&A Orthodontics at . Come visit Dr. Adenwalla, Dr. Ashai, and our team at our orthodontic office in Avon, Sandusky and Wadsworth, Ohio by booking an appointment at your earliest convenience. We look forward to improving your smile.